Thursday, July 8, 2010

Our Voice

Yesterday in my first hour of collaging, the kids were making masks with another volunteer at the other table. I invited a woman who waz eyeing my table of pictures and glues to collage. She accepted and before I knew it two other woman joined uz. Seeing them collage and inpress themseleves warmed my heart. I could feel the healing energy surrounding uz! One older African-American woman of about 55 years old az she collaged told me about her daughter on drugs. I saw the tiredness in her eyes taking care of her two grand kids 5 and 8years old. "I'm making thiz for my grand daughter, she like dogs and flowers. She said, "I just hope my daughter gets her act together because I want her to take care of her babies like she suppose to do". The first woman who came to the table, didn't say much. A Latina in her early to late 40's with a big tattoo just above her breast placed words like laugh, love, dream and an array of flowers and smiling people on her collage. She like the grandmother before looked like she had had a rough life full of ups and downs, but she was mapping out what she wanted more of in her life. The third collager, a Mexican woman in her early thirties who didn't speak English, face lit up az she collaged. She selected woman in frilly colorful outfits, pictures of several dogs and flowers az well. I felt a connection between all of us, like we were sharing out true soul in the wordless realm of love through our art work. We all have our false stories of not being good enough, not lovable, not worthy enough, not being supported etc. But the truth of our art spoke volumes about what our real self on a soulular level knew and that iz We are beautiful, We are love, We are enough, Our voice matters and that our life has a divine purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment