Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Free Arts for Abused Children


Had a very eventful day collaging at the court. Its wonderful to see their faces brighten up az they color or collage. One little girl wazn't very talkative, but when she saw the cut outs of the dogs especially a funny one (a black pug with a red rose in its mouth) she giggled. What a nice sound. Later I witnessed her crying with her mother shortly before being called to court. That waz beautiful too. It feels good knowing that her two collages that she took with her will hopefully reignite that joy that created it. I also talked with her teenage sister who came to see what she waz creating. I asked her what she waz passionate about and she said reading science fiction books. But then she went on to tell me how bad her memory waz and how she skipped alot of the words she didn't know. I shared with her how I thought its awesome that she haz an interest in reading a 800 page book in the first place. I asked her what it waz the book about and she preceded to explain the intricate plot full of dark demons and human angels with super powers. Her eyes lit up with joy, I could tell she injoyed recounting the story with me. I said that's amazing you can explain such a intricate plot in such a straight foreward manner. We talked and shared on those little kid sized chairs and tables for about 30 minutes. Afterwards my cells were buzzing with enthusiasm, its so amazing to share sacred space with other Spirit beings without attachment to outcome or any expectation that anything "should" or "could" happen any other way than its naturally occuring. They all have various stories attached to them, but all I see iz their wholeness az Spirit Beings. That's one of the reasons I love collaging, my small i let's my big I take over and Love iz the only language it ever speaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment