Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Appreciating Thiz Now Moment


Today I gleefully skipped out into my car and hit the road ready to play tennis after the soul cleansing rain. The air waz cool and crisp and the court clean and full of men playing doubles. Most were familiar faces, older men retired from their jobs but not from life. Getting out of my car I scanned the court seeing where I wanted to sit and wait for a court. My tennis tribe brother Charles rolled up in hiz well trodden truck and we both walked up to wait on a court together. While on the bench Charles talked about the guys playing tennis and how competative they were playing. He accidently said, "they play with so much tension". I said tenison ? and all of a sudden got the giggles. He said, well maybe that's not the right word, but you what I mean. But I couldn't stop giggling. I started thinking about the show Living Color with Jamie Fox character who makes up hoz own world of words that sounds intelligent but have no meaning. It felt good tickling my own funny body I could feel my joy juice overflowing and cascading out the tips of my locks. Soon we were on the court warming up for our doubles match. My body felt slightly slow and sluggish like it usually does for the first 15-20 minutes of warm up but my joy juice made it all okay. We played a couple sets and then everybody parted like the red sea. I stayed and soon waz engaged in another doubles match. My new partner Sun said, he had been in a car accident thiz past new year day. He said, the care he waz in rolled off several times on the freeway and he escaped a little sore but alive and well. I could tell he waz still numbed by the experience yet extremely grateful and appreciative to be here on the tennis court hitting and missing balls like another day at the park. Everyday iz a gift it truly iz and I thank God/Goddess All that IZ for thiz opportunity to love, live, create, dance, play tennis and share thiz magnificant life with the great I AM that lives and breathes in all things~~~~ Take care everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment